Sunday, October 30, 2011

Other Methods

The ABA and TEACCH method are two of the most popular and observed methods, but there are others.

The Denver and Greenspan methods are two similar methods. They emphasize play, social interactions, and the shring of emotions. They allow the children to control what is going on and what will discuss. They emphasize going into the childs world in order to make them more comfortable. They also promote a positive relationship between the children, and seem to be the most helpful with emotions and social situations. I believe I will base most of my program after these methods. I will allow the children to develop their own script and how they want to participate in the program. I want them to be in charge, and focus alot on the emotions behind what they do. I want them to especially focus on interactions during social situations.

Other people enroll their children skills groups and focus on social interactions. Experts suggest writing "scripts" of what to do during social interactions, videotaping others and the children having conversations, and discussing things they enjoy. I can most definitely use all of these ideas in my program. Obviously I will have a script for the final performance. I will let the children develop it themselves, (utilizing the Denver and Greenspan method) but request it be about different social situations. I can videotape how others and they themselves perform, and show them the differences. I believe this will help them both in their performing and their everyday social situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment